POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Joined Bicubic Patches - how to do? : Joined Bicubic Patches - how to do? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Joined Bicubic Patches - how to do?
From: Yadgar
Date: 29 Nov 2005 05:30:09
Message: <438C5947.5010604@gmx.de>
High!

In order to get really smooth surfaces from 2D height maps (not just
playing with normals!), I tried to write a procedure for generating
joined 4 x 4 (each overlapping by one column or row) bicubic patches
(see code posted in p.b.s-f) form 16bit images usually used for
heightfields.

But when doing a test render, I had to realize that the two 4 x 4
sections do not align in the y direction, as you can see in the image
attached here! What went wrong?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message