POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP well scene w/radiosity : Re: WIP well scene w/radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP well scene w/radiosity
From: Alain
Date: 26 Nov 2005 13:13:59
Message: <4388a5e7$1@news.povray.org>
Hosiah nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-11-25 21:56:
>>You realize that the "alias pattern" textures are just result of an error,
>>that is, in higher quality (turned on antialias), or moving camera, or
>>zomming in, they will dissapaear?
>

> uummmm...what alias pattern textures? I'm using variations of marble/granite
> most everywhere, fog with distance 800 to make the horizon look blurry, and
> julias scaled down and tweaked with outlandish numbers for the jug
> patterns. It all looks the same for me with whatever intermediate
> renders/angles/lights/settings/etc I was doing, and I always do final
> render with anti-aliasing on anyway. If you're talking the pillars, that
> was me trying to be clever and using a spiral1 to make the pillars look
> twisty instead of using ISOsurfaces, then stupidly forgetting that the
> light/shadow would change how they're interpretted, so the far left pillar
> has no normal texture at all.
>
> What am I missing?

You need "normal on" in the radiosity settings. Be forewarned that it will realy
increase the render
time: normal evaluation by radiosity is realy time consuming!
Using an isosurface may actualy be faster.

--
Alain
Ban the bomb.  Save the world for conventional warfare.