POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first pixel shader : Re: My first pixel shader Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first pixel shader
From: Slime
Date: 26 Nov 2005 03:01:36
Message: <43881660$1@news.povray.org>
> I've looked at your site and found that you use "friendly URLs" as the
links
> to the contents. I've learned this trick recently and want to use it for
an
> internet site I'm preparing. But can't get rid of calling my script file
> directly in URL, like "www.mysite.com/index.php/something". I'm wondering
> how to "hide" index.php in such an URL. Is it a matter of Apache settings
> to read always particular file?

Actually, my website is just a lot of HTML files in directories (I generate
the content on my computer and then upload it manually), so I don't have a
problem like that to work around.

However, it should be possible to use your .htaccess file to redirect all
www.mysite.com/anything URLs to www.mysite.com/index.php/anything . For
information on how to do this, your best bet is google ("htaccess url
redirection" perhaps).

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]