POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debian package for POV-Ray : Re: Debian package for POV-Ray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debian package for POV-Ray
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 23 Nov 2005 20:52:20
Message: <43851cd4$1@news.povray.org>
PM 2Ring wrote:
> I've only been using Linux for a few weeks (and I still need to use Windows
> for this stupid modem :) but I had no probs installing the standard POV
> binary package on Mepis. A POV Debian package would make things a little
> neater, I suppose.

I mostly use Fedora, but I also have and play with a few other
distros...  And as you imply, the standard POV binary package installs
and runs fine with Debian 3.1 (Sarge).

Although I have to confess that I just rendered a few of the normal
example scene files simply to verify that it was working.

      -=- Larry -=-