POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Explanation [153KiB] : Re: Explanation [153KiB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Explanation [153KiB]
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 23 Nov 2005 00:44:28
Message: <438401bc@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:

> Huge difference between PNG and JPG! JPG is prety dark while PNG is
> bright. Great example of the gamma information included in PNGs.
> Nice

Yep.

The JPG is made by simply opening the file in the Gimp and saving it to
JPG. Personally, I like the darker one better, but gamma can be modified
with the PNG pretty easily, so I didn't modify it anyhow, if someone is
intrested in the most original version by Pov.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net