POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debian package for POV-Ray : Re: Debian package for POV-Ray Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debian package for POV-Ray
From: sascha
Date: 22 Nov 2005 03:43:36
Message: <4382da38$1@news.povray.org>
> No.  The Debian POV-Ray package is apparently unmaintained for quite
 > some time.

Thanks for the info Christoph!

> I'll second what Christoph said. I'm running a self-compiled version of 3.6
> on Ubuntu. It works fine. No issues at all compiling it.

Yes, thats true. I've never had any problems compiling or running
POV-Ray on any Linux System. I've had a lot of problems with other
applications though (mostly dependency issues), so my preference for
packages is more general in nature, not POV-specific :-)

Anyway, running a self-compiled version isn't a problem at all! Thanks
for your answers.

-sascha