POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : No prizes : No prizes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:25 EDT (-0400)
  No prizes
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 21 Nov 2005 16:59:56
Message: <4382435c@news.povray.org>
Guess what recently happened in MY household...

The original plan was for the letters to look like they just fell into
the water, with streams of bubbles still rising off them, and maybe some
foam on the water's surface.

Actually, this is all I had time to do.

Oddly, radiosity by itself produced no caustics. (Not entirely sure why;
perhaps because the light is from a light source rather than a brilliant
surface?) Anyway, this image uses photons + radiosity. (With just
photons, the image looks trippy, but MUCH too dark for print. As it is
it came out looking too dark on paper...)

The "sand" is in fact perfectly smooth; the apparent lumpyness is errors
in the photon map. (I used spacing = exp(-4).)

I'm particularly pleased with the rock texture at the back. Was
originally grey. I tried to make the dark patches a deep red/brown for
effect, but instead I got the kind of dusty rust colour, which I
actually quite liked. And I discovered that using normal=granite
automatically likes just about anything look "rock-like". (E.g., the
grey pebble, which is a mere sphere.)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pond8-final.jpg' (105 KB)