POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1) : Re: Image Maps (from povray.newusers) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:23:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Maps (from povray.newusers)
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 21 Nov 2005 06:20:21
Message: <4381ad75$1@news.povray.org>

op.s0fwo80byrkrc2@rechner...
> Kurtz le pirat wrote > Where am I wrong?
>
> The misunderstanding came from pirate's statement "the difference
> between
> the two images is only the ratio of the source image map". Together
> with
> Slime's posting about the images that shold be "width = 2*height" it
> has
> caused confusion.
>
> ...cutted...
>
> I posted this mainly because that ratio thing puzzled me also for
> quite
> some time.
>

> Yours,
> Bu.

ok, ok. my sample is for spherical projection. now i see yours samples
whith cylindrical and planar projection i undestand somes others
things. but i think it's not very easy to draw an ellipse in the image
map then use a scale (and translate) in pov source.

so, accept my apologies for my simple interpretation.
klp