POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Batch rendering. : Re: Batch rendering. Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:59:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batch rendering.
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 20 Nov 2005 08:45:47
Message: <43807e0b$1@news.povray.org>
>> I'am using standart make, Makefile may look like this:

> I apologize that I don't know what you're referring to our how I could use
> this to implement an answer to my question.

No Problem, Mike. Nobody I know likes Makefiles. They're evil :)

If you want to dive into it, try
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_chapter/make_toc.html

About your original problem: You can always use your shell's programming
abilities, e.g.

$ for scene in \
scene1.pov scene2.pov scene3.pov scene4.pov; \
do \
povray $scene -p; \
done

Of course you can put that command into one-line all by itself (leave
out the '\').

A more easy-to-use solution would be a little script. I'd be happy to
help you with that, but I'd need to know some more infos about how it
should work.

Regards,
Florian