POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1) : Re: Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1) - attached files (1/1) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image Maps (from povray.newusers) - attached files (1/1) - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris B
Date: 17 Nov 2005 16:16:09
Message: <437cf319$1@news.povray.org>
"kurtz le pirate" <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote in message

> where i'm wrong ?
>
> regards,
> klp

Only two places:
  o  at the very start of this thread (and in the previous thread) where you
said "image must have width = 2 x height", because, technically it doesn't
have to be 2 x height
  o  further down where you said "the difference between the two images is
only the ratio of the source image map", which it wasn't.

It's probably a little pedantic, but if you'd just said that "width =2 x
height is a convenient aspect ratio for this purpose" then I don't think
anyone would have argued with you.
I think when any of us accidentally phrases something incorrectly
(particularly on the newusers group) it's good that someone points it out in
case it leaves others with an incorrect impression of how stuff works.
No offense intended.

Regards,
Chris B.