POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Batch rendering. : Re: Batch rendering. Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:49:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Batch rendering.
From: Mike Kost
Date: 14 Nov 2005 13:22:38
Message: <4378d5ee@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:

> One cooler features of the windoze app was the queue-- you could render a
> big slew of files at once.  I think for the moment I'm going to be using
> the command version from apt-get, and that's one thing i miss.
>
> Any tips on approximating that feature?

If you're using x86 Linux (and depending on your pain threshold), the
Windows Povray GUI will work under Wine (http://www.winehq.org). I havn't
tried to benchmark rendering speeds for Povray under Wine versus to a
native Linux Povray, though, so it may just be faster to write a shell
script to do the batch renderings.

Mike K
--
http://povray.tashcorp.net