POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : finally it can move ... : Re: finally it can move ... Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: finally it can move ...
From: David El Tom
Date: 8 Nov 2005 03:00:46
Message: <43705b2e$1@news.povray.org>
thanks to all so far,

I like Skip's interpretation of the image as an result of an
arachnophbic reflex.
I'll make an updated version with all the minor corrections you all
proposed.
  - adding the mising glass
  - adding missing glass splinters
  - improve the light setting (turn on adaptivety with higher grid
resolution for the area light)

In this context:

- does somebody have a good idea how to add something like patina at the
corners and the edges (and the part, where it touches the nose) of the
spectacle frame and would look a greenish patina convincing ??
- would it help realism to add some more grainy texture to the glass
were it is broken (right now it looks a little bit like slightly molten
ice) ??

... hope I'll catch my flight on thursday morning so

... dave