POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Front-of-house .. C&C please : Re: Front-of-house .. C&C please Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Front-of-house .. C&C please
From: Alain
Date: 31 Oct 2005 19:36:35
Message: <4366b893$1@news.povray.org>
Ard nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-31 15:10:
>>Behind the camera is an
>>abmient plane to lighten up the front (it's south facing in the southern
>>hemisphere). If I take that out then it becomes fairly dark
>

> This is a newbie question, hope you can help.  How does an ambient plane
> light up objects facing it, since an ambient plane isn't a light source?
> Do you have some reflection in the textures on the house?
>
> TIA.

When you use radiosity, it IS a light plane. When using radiosity, anything with any
ambient value
(different than zero) will actualy emit some amount of light. That's why I made a
metals2.inc where
I removed all ambient, generaly looks beter to. Should do the same with several
standard includes
some time.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may be a major factor in getting your ass kicked.