POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : red devil : Re: red devil Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:14:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: red devil
From: Jim Charter
Date: 30 Oct 2005 10:08:48
Message: <4364e200$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> Dardevle(TM)?  One of my favorite lures, along with the Johnson Silver
> Minnow.  Spoons do not seem as popular now.
>
> Very nice rendering.  You even tied the line near the snap-swivel.

Thanks!

So that's why I couldn't google it up.  I seem to remember calling them
red devils.  Either a Canadian thing, or most likely, something my dad
made up.  Yeah, my dad also had a Johnson Silver, keep it in its own
box.  It was the one that we were never allowed to use.  There was also
a straight silver spoon that I would try out of stubbornest from time to
time but never hooked a thing with it.  Two, two and a half, or three
inch Dardevles were definitely where I put my faith.

I would almost always have used a wire leader in real life but I was too
tired to model it.  Would you believe that snap-swivel was the most
difficult thing to model in the entire picture?