POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The world is flat! : Re: The world is flat! <area_light> Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:17:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The world is flat! <area_light>
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Oct 2005 08:40:44
Message: <4360cacc@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht

> I've been having problems with the rim walls. They are described as
> mountains in the book; but I can't think of an easy way to implement them.
> Sloping or curved walls are no problem, but texturing them is another
> matter...!

Yes, I have been pondering that issue too. I wonder if I shall not try to
make a mesh in Wings or Silo, so that individual areas can be textured
properly. Also, that would give the possibility to carve some mountains in
the rim wall, as well as the topography in the immediate neighbourhood of
the camera, let alone Fist-of-God!

Presently, I am experimenting with media inside a container to simulate the
atmosphere, but not yet really satisfying.

Thomas