POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The world is flat! : Re: The world is flat! <area_light> Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The world is flat! <area_light>
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Oct 2005 05:10:28
Message: <43609984@news.povray.org>
This is a much more dramatic image, I believe.

I used an area_light, the size of the sun; I placed the camera *near* one of
the rim walls; I reduced the camera angle to 75 degrees (earlier it was to
large).

Dimensions are almost meaningless on the Ringworld! In this scene, we are at
100 miles altitude, and still 10000 miles from the rim wall! Note however,
how the arch takes a more interesting shape in this view.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ringworld_04.jpg' (52 KB)