POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Explanation [153KiB] : Re: Explanation [153KiB] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Explanation [153KiB]
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 25 Oct 2005 14:27:14
Message: <435e7902$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> I think it's a spider's eye view of being flushed down a bath plughole.
> On drugs.

:)

It's actually an empty glasstube inside reflective chrometube, you know

difference {
 { cylinder } //outside limits
 { cylinder } //inside limits
 { sphere }   //rounding at one end
 { sphere }   //rounding at other end
}

-style, with glass one the radiuses are set to a bit littler than on the
chrome one. The glasstube's pigment is a greenish, bozo'd color_map.
Besides that, there's 4 different colour spotlight aimed to cross at the
front of the camera. Naturally there's media and radiosity involved
also. It's still lacking focal blur, which I think I'd like (focused at
the visible end of the tube).

> Very pretty! I think an animation might be illegal, however...

Not illegal, but extremely timetaking. With smaller resolution, without
antialiasing etc. rendering time would surely be possible to drop under
100 hours/frame (I'm not giving off the radiosity - it makes MUCH at
this image), but still, 100 hours is over 4 days and nights, with 25fps
(PAL) the first second would take 100 days...

I shall see what I can do for the rendering time. While rendering this
image my workstation was not a single second dedicated to Pov, so it
might also help "a bit".

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net