POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castle of Dracula : Re: Castle of Dracula Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castle of Dracula
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 24 Oct 2005 13:28:25
Message: <435d19b9@news.povray.org>
Well.... I tried out one little scene..
I was thinking:
1 parallell light for main lightning
1 faint fill light to ease up the shadows just a bit

The first main light is slightly dimmed. I guess that depends on
the conditions you want if you want that or not.
The fill light has approx half the strength of the main light.
Both of them has a slight blue tint to them.
And.. if it was me.. I would postprocess it a bit too
with bringing up the contrast in *place your favourite
pixel pushing program here*. :)

In the second image I moved the lights a bit
to keep the shadows. Both of them are just quick and dirty.

Hmm.. I think there's a Draculas Castle contest going on
on CGTalk.com. Perhaps you can get som inspiration there?

"RusHHouR" <gee### [at] mailnu> skrev i meddelandet
> "Stefan Persson" <azy### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> My only suggestion so far is that I'd like
>> to see more contrast. Specially on the
>> castle. More dramatic.. more dark corners..
>> more spooky.. :)
>>
>> Stefan
>>

> I agree!
>
> And..
>
> ....is there any way you can recommend on doing just that?
>
> //Heja Sverige!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'castle_test_1.jpg' (130 KB) Download 'castle_test_2.jpg' (77 KB)

Preview of image 'castle_test_1.jpg'
castle_test_1.jpg

Preview of image 'castle_test_2.jpg'
castle_test_2.jpg