POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Do you now this... : Re: Do you now this... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:13:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you now this...
From: Alain
Date: 21 Oct 2005 19:33:15
Message: <43597abb$1@news.povray.org>
Jellby nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-20 15:28:
> Among other things, Stefan Viljoen saw fit to write:
>

>>Yes, I remember them - used to play with them at school (primary school).
>>We used to make a little hole and then then roll them toward the hole -
>>can't remember the rules, but somehow you could take another guys marbles
>>if yours landed closest or something.
>

> You had to shoot others' marbles with yours and then send yours to the hole.
> Something like that. There were also metallic balls (sometimes from ball
> bearings), and mirrorred and semi-mirrored iridescent glass ones, and
> ceramic ones with coloured "speckles"... I think I have a bunch of them
> somewhere in my room.

I remember those steel marbles my father brought back from his work. They where from
jet engines
maintenance dep. He worked in the maps departement at the Dorval International for Air
Canada.
Unbreakable! Me and my brothers where never able to so much as dent them. Great fun ;)

--
Alain
  Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people