POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cars : Re: Cars Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cars
From: scott
Date: 21 Oct 2005 03:54:36
Message: <43589ebc$1@news.povray.org>
>> You can get it from my website:
>>
>> www.scottboham.co.uk/sw
>>
>> Any problems give me a shout as I haven't really tested it properly,
>> I just got it working last night.
>>

> I think I may have spoken too soon, I have managed to get a
> textureless render, but for some reason when I try a textured render,
> only a small amount of the textures show.  I have all the image maps
> in the same folder as the pov file but they just dont work.
>
> Any ideas?

That's because the main car body skins are in the data/skins folder inside
LFS.  Choose one of these to use, make sure it is for the right car (the
first three letters tell you).  Then, you have to manually change the
texture declaration inside POV to tell it to use this texture.

Look for this line in the pov code:
// this is the texture for skinning the body

And then change the following texture #declare to something like:

texture{
 pigment{ uv_mapping iamge_map{ jpeg "FXR????.jpg" interpolate 2 } }
}

That should do the trick.

Perhaps I should make it grab one of the skins by default to generate the
POV code?