POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : povray 3.6 doesn't work anymore : Re: povray 3.6 doesn't work anymore Server Time
2 Jun 2024 05:59:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 doesn't work anymore
From: Chris Cason
Date: 19 Oct 2005 17:07:23
Message: <4356b58b@news.povray.org>
Try downloading the beta version at http://www.povray.org/beta/. In that zip
file you will find a DLL. Place that DLL in your POV bin directory (rename
the one there first) and hopefully the problem will go away. You don't need
to install the EXE's.

While I guess in the meantime you've solved the problem by editing the
registry, the above procedure should protect you from it happening again.

(And for the record, I've never been able to replicate the crash here, even
though I take the exact steps mentioned to cause it. The new DLL now does its
own checks for file existance before asking the main editor DLL to open one).

-- Chris