POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : araneus diamentus (heavy wip) : Re: araneus diamentus (heavy wip) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: araneus diamentus (heavy wip)
From: David El Tom
Date: 18 Oct 2005 19:13:02
Message: <4355817e$1@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:
> David El Tom wrote:
>>still todo ...:
>>  - finish uv-unwrapping
>>  - texture works (middle part and legs should be slightly
>>translucent)
>>  - body hair
>>  - rigging (prepare for posing)
>>  ... AND ...
>>  - find a nice context to put in
>
> I once made an animated spider:
> http://runevision.com/show.asp?id=42
>
> However, the model was very crude and couldn't stand a closer look:
> http://runevision.com/3d/anims/ws_spider_zoom.jpg
>
> One day when I have time, I'd like to make a longer and better spider
> animation which also features a better spider model. I don't have the
> patience to make such a model though - I don't consider myself a modeler. If
> I could borrow a detailed spider model, I could make an animation that would
> show off both this model and the abilities of my Walking System... :) I have
> no idea when I'd get time for something like that though.
>
> Rune

Hi Rune,

I know your animation well, and was imazed by the fluid motion (and this
two or three years ago; I think) even the clip is quiet short.
I hope to finish the model this upcoming weekend, 'til I don't have the
time during the week to do so. But once it's finished I will share it
with pleasure (on demand, 'til file size is getting to big to post it).

Problem could be the posing itself. Maybe I create two versions of it,
one complete mesh for posing in blender through amatures and another
multipart mesh, which would make animation within povray a lot easier,
even so the joints wouldn't stay a realy close look, but this could be
comouflaged by clever texture adjustments I hope.

!!!
 > I don't consider myself a modeler.
!!!

For my part I like to go into details but once I've finished a model I
often don't have the motivation anymore to put it into context.
This nearly cries for synergy ....

... dave