POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : araneus diamentus (heavy wip) : Re: araneus diamentus (heavy wip) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:14:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: araneus diamentus (heavy wip)
From: Rune
Date: 18 Oct 2005 08:30:30
Message: <4354eae6$1@news.povray.org>
David El Tom wrote:
> still todo ...:
>   - finish uv-unwrapping
>   - texture works (middle part and legs should be slightly
> translucent)
>   - body hair
>   - rigging (prepare for posing)
>   ... AND ...
>   - find a nice context to put in

I once made an animated spider:
http://runevision.com/show.asp?id=42

However, the model was very crude and couldn't stand a closer look:
http://runevision.com/3d/anims/ws_spider_zoom.jpg

One day when I have time, I'd like to make a longer and better spider
animation which also features a better spider model. I don't have the
patience to make such a model though - I don't consider myself a modeler. If
I could borrow a detailed spider model, I could make an animation that would
show off both this model and the abilities of my Walking System... :) I have
no idea when I'd get time for something like that though.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com