POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Banjo : Re: Banjo Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Banjo
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 18 Oct 2005 02:16:53
Message: <43549355@news.povray.org>

news:web.43546c8588e6ae2aa964eac10@news.povray.org...
> I'm experimenting with daylighting my subject now.  I first tried an area
> light in a window, but it occurred to me that a very bright sky_sphere
plus
> radiosity would give more realistic results.  I searched, and it seems
this
> technique has been posted and documented.  Additionally, there's an
> incandescent light nearby, generated with Lightsys IV (Thanks, Jaime).
> Lighting is hard, I've decided.  Thanks for the encouragement, those who
> have written.  I will post the source when I'm satisfied with it.
> Richard

Hi
It is getting better and better!
Some suggestions if you want.
You could brighten your sky_sphere again, it seems too faint against
incandescent light.
It makes me feel a very heavily cloudy (or masked by a building)  sky.$

And what about a render with anti_aliasing?
You could do a pretrace without AA, save a radiosity data file and load it
for final trace with AA and better resolution.
See "Dummy radiosity" on Jaime Vives Piqueres' site for this technique, if
you don't know it of course. :-)
http://www.ignorancia.org/tech_page.php?image=15&db=tips

Marc