POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Do you now this... : Re: Do you now this... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Do you now this...
From: dlm
Date: 16 Oct 2005 23:16:00
Message: <43531770$1@news.povray.org>
"David El Tom" <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
> Lexua wrote:
>> I dont know about the right forum, because i rendered this image with
>> megapov.
>> But i love this glass things (excuse me my english, i dont know the right
>> name for this, maybe marbles?). Do you now this things from your child
>> years?
>> This is my first image with hdri and radiosity.
>> The colored kernel(uuups!) are modeled in Blender.
>> I wanted simply show to you this image.

> fisrt off all, don't apologize for your post as (IMO) the most people in
> this forum don't call english their mother tongue.
>
> Reminds of the childhood I never had ;-),
> ..., BUT, ..., as far as I renember the interior was multi-colored, the
> glass was greenish and looked used (not so polished),
>
> ...dave

Nice work.
I think I've lost my marbles. At least the cat's eyes. But these are pretty
new replacements. And yes, you do get mixed colors, but also monochrome as
shown. Glass - cheap soda glass may be a little green but clear is cool.
It might be a challenge to take the shine off them and place them on some
dirt in a contextual setting. e.g. http://www.iaw.on.ca/~jspirko/marbles.htm
DLM