POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : araneus diamentus (heavy wip) : Re: araneus diamentus (heavy wip) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: araneus diamentus (heavy wip)
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 16 Oct 2005 14:51:23
Message: <4352a12b$1@news.povray.org>
David El Tom wrote:

> The idea to model a spider came as found a huge araneus diamentus
> (Kreuzspinne) in our garden (see attached photo). I was not really sure

Cute. Both, you render and the photo. IMO, since spiders eat the
disturbing insects (flies, bees, mosquitos etc), I'd say Andrew is
correct - spiders are our allies. I actually have one 'bout 4cm long
living in my bathroom (wonder why there's never disturbing insects there
:p), but it hides always I have my camera around; it's shy :).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net