POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : araneus diamentus (heavy wip) : araneus diamentus (heavy wip) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  araneus diamentus (heavy wip)
From: David El Tom
Date: 15 Oct 2005 19:46:16
Message: <435194c8@news.povray.org>
ok, ..., this is my todays work ...

It's just a blender drop-out rendered via PoseRay, so don`t expect to
much concerning texture quality. IT IS A WIP. I hoped to finish it
today, but uv-unwrapping is a pain in the ass. Also I had to read half
of the day blenders python API reference to get the script for the sense
hairs on the legs working.

still todo ...:
   - finish uv-unwrapping
   - texture works (middle part and legs should be slightly translucent)
   - body hair
   - rigging (prepare for posing)
   ... AND ...
   - find a nice context to put in

as I'm still working on it comments and critics are welcome due to
improvements.

basic modelling was done in Wings3D but I couldn't figure out how to a
propper uv-unwrapping with Wings3D. Any Tips ... ?

... dave

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'araneus_diamentus_wip.jpg' (47 KB)

Preview of image 'araneus_diamentus_wip.jpg'
araneus_diamentus_wip.jpg