POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:27:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: Alain
Date: 15 Oct 2005 11:56:12
Message: <4351269c$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-15 08:20:
>>I like it!! This starts to be more believable (?), although, from the
>>landscape features, I would guess that the diameter is much more than 10 km!
>>More like 100.
>
> Difficult to tell, I think. If the land masses are only the size of small
> islands (as intended), not continents, it looks fine. The problem is,
> shorelines are fractal on all scales so without other visual clues it's
> impossible to tell how big they are!
>

>>An interesting side track from Ringworld is Gaea (in Titan, by
>>John Varley). It is a self-sustaining world, but more asteroid to planet
>>sized
>
> Not heard of that. I shall have to keep my eyes open. Speaking of Ringworld,
y No.2 General Products hull!)

> Bill

Gaea is a wheel space-station like living and centient hollow world orbiting Saturn.
It have a main
"brain" in the central hub and 6 secondary "brains" around the rim. All have ther own
parsonalities.
Tha main Gaea is obsessed with old movies. The interior environment is subtropical
earth like thank
to the mirror pannels and large transparent areas on the inside ot the rim.

--
Alain
Taoism: Shit happens.