POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: David El Tom
Date: 15 Oct 2005 03:09:04
Message: <4350ab10@news.povray.org>
Anton Sherwood schrieb:
>> this is exactly the idea of the "ringworld". Larry Niven wrote
>> about twenty novells or so around a fictive world like this.
>

> I forget whether "twenty" in this case means three or four.

yepp, .. , I Know what you mean, but in opposite to D. Admas with his
five-part trilogy's or so, Niven was quiet productive. With a quick look
at my bookshelf I see at least 7 novells dealing directly with ringworld
("ringworld epos"), at least 5 playing in the same universe ("kzin
wars") and 12 more books spawning other universers and following other
strange SciFi ideas. And these are only the ones I can call my own.
So roughly 10000 pages of brain washing lyrics for little boys ;-)

By the way, ..., a world Niven spawned a story around was a solar-system
without planets at all. Just a torus shaped dense rotating atmosphere
around a sun. Live developed in form of and on integral shaped trees.
Seas and oceans where just blobs of water drifting in the cloud.

... dave