POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Front-of-house .. C&C please : Re: Front-of-house .. C&C please Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Front-of-house .. C&C please
From: Rick Measham
Date: 13 Oct 2005 18:14:22
Message: <434edc3e$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spamnot@ wrote:
> Very nice - especially the car. Has an almost cartoony feel for me. Maybe
> the bricks a bit grainier / rougher?

Thanks Stefan, but when I refered to the 'famous mini' I was talking
about the POV object rather than the car itself, famous though it be!

Gilles Tran (http://www.oyonale.com) created the mini and has it
available for download on his site. (I've also used a couple of his
other objects elsewhere in the house)

I agree with the 'cartoony' look to the whole thing .. one thing that
makes that happen is the lack of contrast. Behind the camera is an
abmient plane to lighten up the front (it's south facing in the southern
hemisphere). If I take that out then it becomes fairly dark, though more
realistic. It's a toss-up between getting it realistic and presenting a
good 'snapshot' of the house!

Cheers!
Rick Measham