POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 08:11:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: Rick Measham
Date: 13 Oct 2005 07:02:34
Message: <434e3eca@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote:
> The strength of the force varies with cos(latitude) and the angle to the
> local vertical is proportional to latitude. So people standing near the
> poles get very little force, and what force there is would be almost
> horizontal.

Which is where the original argument came from (and I agree) .. the
poles would implode, thus degrading the structure and causing the
equator to explode.

One poster (somewhere, not here) suggested a band rather than a sphere.
The 'band' would be the equatorial region and would (somehow) hold
together as it spun.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'animated.gif' (62 KB)