POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can you tell what it is yet? : Re: Can you tell what it is yet? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:15:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can you tell what it is yet?
From: Alain
Date: 12 Oct 2005 18:52:21
Message: <434d93a5$1@news.povray.org>
David El Tom nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-12 12:16:
> Bill Pragnell wrote:
>

> don't how it's written correctly, but I would guess it's the inner of a
> "dysons sphere" or to say it in other words a world turned inside out.
> As boy I was a big fan of Larry Niven so I allways liked the idea of the
>  "ringworld" more as you still could see the stars.
>
> ... dave

I have a BIG problem with Dyson spheres! Inside an hollow sphere, there is NO gravity,
if the sphere
is built around a star, everything not held in place will fall in the star. If you
make it spin, all
the air will collect at the equator, untill the sphere collapses unto itself. The
equatorial part
goes flying away and the poles plunging into the star.

--
Alain
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened.