POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Kitchen (WIP) : Re: The Kitchen (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 01:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Kitchen (WIP)
From: Alain
Date: 8 Oct 2005 17:56:12
Message: <4348407c$1@news.povray.org>
Hasan3 nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-07 07:01:
> I want to make realistic render. But there are some things that I dont know.
> Not distinct. is the radiosity required?
>
> Best Regards.
> Hasan CELIK

Using area_light will increase the realistic aspect by bluring the shadows. Using
adaptive is a
must, it realy does improve rendering speed. Optimum aray size are 5, 9, 17, 33, 65,
129,... Start
with adaptive 0 and increase if you get artefacts: light where there sould be none,
shadow where
there should be light.
Using more than one light may also help.
You can try radiosity, just add radiosity{} in the #glabal_settings block to enable
radiosity with
all default values. You can then try different tweaks, look at the documentation.

--
Alain
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.