POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred shadows? : Blurred shadows? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Blurred shadows?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 6 Oct 2005 22:47:22
Message: <4345e1ba@news.povray.org>
High!

Originally, I intended to reveal this only at a more advanced stage...
but I got stuck with the shadows. I aimed at blurred shadows for the two
lines of text, so I used a fairly large area_light made up of 50  by 50
single lights. But then I found it very difficult if not impossible to
make them *really* blurred - if I just enlarge the area light, shadows
become thinner and thinner until they disappear completely, which is
just logical. On the other hand, increasing the number of single lights
does not help either, it just bogs down the CPU. Even at these
comperatively moderate settings, the shadows of the lower line disappear...

Is there a way to blur shadows without post-processing at all?

See you in Khyberspace!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povearth-title.jpg' (23 KB)