POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh (WIP 2) : Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh (WIP 3) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh (WIP 3)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Oct 2005 10:58:51
Message: <43453bab@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> schreef in
bericht news:4344dcf2@news.povray.org...

> Hm. Is frost always on both sides? I remember that I'd often have frost on
> the inside of my windows, because of the moisture in the air due to my
> breath, or outside because of fog or such...
>
> Dunno, but less thick windows might be a good move as well, just wanted to
> voice a comment. :-)

No, frost is not (necessarily) on both sides, but this was an effect of the
cylindrical color_map. I solved it easily by adding an extra layer (very
thin cylinder or box) to the outside of the windows (kept their thickness).
See the image below.
Also added a soot stain on the ceiling around the chimney (also a
cylindrical color_map).
I added some normals to the paint on the crates
Finally, I commented out the shadowless on one of the extra lights inside
the room and added fade and fade_power. This gives a better view (although
with some shadows) than my experiments with radiosity.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'windows_room_04.jpg' (85 KB)