POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prepared for company (Final "Windows") : Re: Prepared for company (Update) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 12:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prepared for company (Update)
From: Stefan Persson
Date: 5 Oct 2005 14:53:46
Message: <4344213a@news.povray.org>
Agreed. They are pretty elitistic.. Atleast some of them.
And, yes, sometimes it's gambling if you will get pointers
or not. But I think if you are lucky sometime you can get
the attention of one of the better artists there and that can
most surely help you delelop both the image and yourself.
As an example, I had some problems when I was taking
my first stumbling steps to learn how the physics worked
in 3ds MAX 7. And luckily enough, one of the really good
guys saw my post and gave me alot of useful helpers and
information. He even sent me a sample scene that I could
disect to help me understand how to set up deflectors,
particle flows and so on.

But I hear you, and I agree. :)

Stefan

"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> skrev i
meddelandet news:43437809$1@news.povray.org...