POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : STOPPING a render does not "release" computer : Re: STOPPING a render does not "release" computer Server Time
28 Jun 2024 21:09:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STOPPING a render does not "release" computer
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 5 Oct 2005 13:17:00
Message: <43440a8c$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
>>> True if you run windows NT, 2000 or XP, also if using any Linux
>>> distro. FALSE if you use Win 95, 98, SE or ME! Win 9x memory
>>> management just suck.
>>
>> One word: nonsense.
>
> When you run win 9x, the OS DON'T keep track of the memory used by each
> applications individualy, just the agragate useage. It don't know what
> application use what bit of memory!!! Thus, when you force close an
> application, the OS can't free the memory that this application was
> using. Under Win 9x, each application MUST keep track of it's own memory
> useage and each application must liberate that mamory when it no longer
> needs it.

This is plain wrong and shows you don't know at all what is going on. It is
clear you have no understanding of even the basics of what an operating
system does or how it does it, and certainly not what any Windows operating
system does or does not do.  In fact, you seem to have serious
misconconceptions that show you know nothing about the topic making it
impossible to explain it in a newsgroup.  If you are at all interested in
the topic, I can only recommend you learn about it first.

This is after all not a matter of opinion but of the most basic facts.

	Thorsten