POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh (WIP 2) : Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh (WIP 2) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:05:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh (WIP 2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Oct 2005 03:44:49
Message: <434232f1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> schreef in
bericht news:43413251$1@news.povray.org...
> I like it!
>
> Maybe you should try to add some normals to the wooden crates, as to
> simulate a change in depth between painted and unpainted regions. I'd also
> go for a rusty spot on the ceiling, where the stove is.
>
> And I'd try to use some no_shadow-lightsources with fade_power in order to
> create more contrast in the shadowed parts of the image. They look
> "depthless" as it is now.
>
> And have you thought about adding some icy crust to the edges of the
> windows?

Thank you Tim!
Yes, the crates need some extra normals. I shall look into that, as also
into the shadow lights. I agree that this is still not satisfactory. In the
present image there are two shadowless lights (one is your original one, the
other is a very feeble one at the camera location), but htey lack fade_power
yet.
Yes, still have to work on the windows!!!
Do you have an idea about my radiosity question? My latest esperiment,
yesterday, was not really satisfying for the aspect of the walls.

Thomas