POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : weird dots?? : Re: weird dots?? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:07:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: weird dots??
From: Alain
Date: 1 Oct 2005 11:24:31
Message: <433eaa2f$1@news.povray.org>
roelof nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-10-01 02:45:
> hi
>
> This is (a part) of my IRTC enrty but there are some strange thingies wich i
> cant explane. I is there anybody who can, or do i just have to live whit
> it?
> thanks already
>
> roelof

It looks like a radiosity artefact. At that point, the sampling hit the exact corner
spot and half
the samples are taken inside the dark object.
You can try:
moving the camera a tyni but.
altering pretrace_start some from the default of 0.08.
using one more step in the pretrace: divide pretrace_end by 2
moving the whole room by a very small amount. Move both symetricaly.

--
Alain
WARNING: the crumsumpten of alcohol may Mack you tink you kan tpye reel gode