POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : how cuddlesome ... : Re: how cuddlesome ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how cuddlesome ...
From: David El Tom
Date: 1 Oct 2005 04:42:32
Message: <433e4bf8@news.povray.org>

s.day wrote:
> Fantastic, this is some of the best looking fur/hair I have seen with POV
> and the colours look fine to me. How long was the trace time?

thanks,

it's hard to say how long it took, as I stoped it and resumed it later
several times while doing other stuff. As I renember right roughly 30
hours with pre-saved radiosity and antialiasing (+A0.1 +AM2 +R3,
probably to high for this resolution as the fur came out quite blurred
and would be faster to render with lower settings or +AM1) at 1600x1200
on a P4@3GHz/1GB running linux (SuSE9.3).

Huge hollow sphere as ground/background, on spot light and one
shadowless fill light in the back, as it was the most minimalistic setup
I could think off.

I plan to put it into context, like the fluffy toy as sentinel guarding
a childs sleep at night, ..., but this a long way to go ....

... dave