POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sound Library : Re: Sound Library Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:10:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sound Library
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Oct 2005 04:26:23
Message: <433e482f@news.povray.org>
"Remy Closset" <rem### [at] tiscalifr> schreef in bericht
> Hello
>
> I send a drawing destinated to an advertising  poster for a sound library
> for blind. Of course, blind persons will not see it, but the family or
> friends will tell them about this library.
> The modeling is entirely done with Rheingold 3d, a powerfull modeler. I
> think, there is no limits working with this soft. Rendering and materials
> are done with moray after importation of the meshes.

All elements look very realistic... except the book!
The pages' slight crumbling is nice but I would expect some deeper shadows
in-between them. Also the inner binding seems too straight, forming an
almost perfect triangle. The sides of that should be more rounded at least.
Note that you never could close this book! The thickness of all the pages is
double the width of the outer binding!
Now, I opened a thick hardcover book (a dictionary), and there does not seem
to be a triangle at all! In fact, the inner binding is a gentle convexe
curve.

Thomas