POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass and Photon. : Re: Glass and Photon. Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:26:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass and Photon.
From: Rick Measham
Date: 29 Sep 2005 09:09:23
Message: <433be783@news.povray.org>
Hasan3 wrote:
> I use point light, because the area light is very slow in this sample. I'm
> posting two scenes (in povray 3.6 and 3.7 Beta.9)

Looking better .. I like the simpler glass :)

I've decided that the lighting problem is really  a problem with the
straw .. it needs to be translucent and not so phongy too at a guess ..
the back of it should not contrast the front so much and the front
shouldn't be white.. it's making the light look like its very bright..

(Still looking for architraves/skirting boards and as Christoph says,
looking forward to the wall textures improving too)

My main comment on the table (hadn't noticed Christoph's comment) is
that it's so small compared to the glass. The part that goes off camera
is fine as we have no idea where it ends, but the 'depth' (bl to tr) is
very small .. can it be made bigger? Or is it a modern 'arty' table with
a recycled timber top?

Cheers!
Rick Measham