POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seashore (wip) : Re: Seashore (wip) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seashore (wip)
From: David El Tom
Date: 29 Sep 2005 02:28:46
Message: <433b899e@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini wrote:
> Ok, this is one test of blur averaging the normals.
> Rendering becomes sloooow, and my test are made with not much normals, but
> the result is interesting.
> This weekend I will end the test and post sources.
> Bye,
> ;-)
> Paolo

Hi Paolo,

just a quick shot of yesterday evening. I know the water texture is
pooooooor compared to yours, but it shows the effect I wanted to point out.
Slightly blurred normals (10 textures averaged) gives you the feeling of
slightly motion blurred image (as the water geometry alters coninously)
and overcome this hyperrealistic snapshot effect of to accurate reflections.

... dave

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'laguna.jpg' (46 KB)