POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More houses .. aren't you sick of it already? : More houses .. aren't you sick of it already? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:43 EDT (-0400)
  More houses .. aren't you sick of it already?
From: Rick Measham
Date: 27 Sep 2005 08:27:59
Message: <43393acf@news.povray.org>
OK, there's been a rash of house-renderings going on, so I thought I'd
join in and post mine.

The whole house is built with macros for:
- Walls (these include the architrave and cornices and have an
internal/external flag)
- Rooms (includes floor, ceiling and lights)
- Windows (called with a flag in a difference with Walls,
   then same macro called without the flag to add the frame,
   sills and glass)
- Doors (Almost the same as the Window macro except there's no glass
   and one day there'll actually be doors hung)
- Roofs (not shown in these images)
- Fences
- Furniture

Once I have everything done, I'll release the macros and a howto to go
with them.

My website has other renderings including a VR of the most furnished
room: the library/study (front left of the house) and a javascript 'turn
the light on' of the master bedroom: http://rick.measham.id.au/house/

Sorry if you're sick of houses :)

I would love comments on how it's all looking if you have a minute.

Cheers!
Rick

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'openhouse1.jpg' (184 KB) Download 'openhouse2.jpg' (164 KB)

Preview of image 'openhouse1.jpg'
openhouse1.jpg

Preview of image 'openhouse2.jpg'
openhouse2.jpg