POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Seashore (wip) : Re: Seashore (wip) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seashore (wip)
From: David El Tom
Date: 27 Sep 2005 03:55:24
Message: <4338faec@news.povray.org>
Paolo Gibellini wrote:
> Thank you for the suggestions.
> This is the result. Now I'm planning to add a flow of fishes and some shells
> or pebbles.
> ;-)
> Paolo

I realy like the texture of the sand. It gives you the feeling of these
very fine nearly white sand of the caribeans in one of these shallow
lagunas.
The reflections on the water surface on the other hand seems to me both,
to strong and to sharp. Especially compared with photo you posted last
time as reference. Looks a little bit like mecury.
You may blur the reflection a little bit by avaraging a set of slightly
different normals. (->
http://tag.povray.org/povQandT/languageQandT.html#blurredreflection)

... dave