POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : how cuddlesome ... : how cuddlesome ... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:18 EDT (-0400)
  how cuddlesome ...
From: David El Tom
Date: 27 Sep 2005 03:37:21
Message: <4338f6b1@news.povray.org>
Hi to all out there,

after I experimented a little bit with a PERL script to place arbitrary
objects on a mesh in an evenly distributed manner, this is the first
real result of a fluffy toy (like my niece have one).

Even so I very like Tim Nikias (here your "credits" ;-)) approach of
"cube-mapping" a predefined set of meshes to take the mesh normals into
account, I found it not necessary in this case as the fur won't be
derogated by gravity and orientation that much and it would even be hard
to see in the render (beside you make a real close-up).
Instead I wrote small macros to generate small patches of hair with the
possibilty of controlling the length and curliness (as probably
everybody here has done it once), and used just two different patches to
instanciate the rest of the fur.

I'm very pleased with the outcome, as it shows all this small
irregularties of real fur.

Please forgive for the poor textures (and maybe) strange colors as I'm
allmost color blind and sometimes just have to guess.

... dave

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'how_cuddlesome_big.jpg' (253 KB)

Preview of image 'how_cuddlesome_big.jpg'
how_cuddlesome_big.jpg