POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scene From The Shining : Re: Scene From The Shining Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:05:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene From The Shining
From: Alain
Date: 22 Sep 2005 17:54:16
Message: <43332808@news.povray.org>
Hosiah nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-09-22 03:26:
> My second post. And this forum is so educational; just look how I've
> improved since my first post!
>
> OK, I'm going for this scene from the movie "The Shining", a reference
> screen shot from the movie is here:
> http://www.archiviokubrick.it/film/shining/foto/danny03.jpg .
>
> I'm doing without Danny and his cars (because I'm not that good at meshing
> yet!). Just showing the ball that has rolled up. I would like to improve
> this by having the paint on the walls in the hallway reflect the lights
> back like they do in the reference movie frame. I've tried various different
> features in the "finish" section, but haven't hit on the right
> combination, yet. Also tried tweaking the lights everywhich-way. I have to
> be careful not to overexpose the hallway, the lights are pretty close
> together. Any suggestions?

The wall are covered with a prety glossy paint. Have you tryed with specular or phong?
With
reflection or blured reflection? You can get blured reflection by avaraging several
normal
statements all randomly translated. Beter to use a loop for that.

Alain