POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov 1.2.1 Linux - Followup : Re: Megapov 1.2.1 Linux - Followup Server Time
13 Jun 2024 23:02:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov 1.2.1 Linux - Followup
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 22 Sep 2005 04:43:16
Message: <43326ea4@news.povray.org>
> If I run ./configure without options the following flags are produced in
> the Makefile:
> CXXFLAGS =  -pipe -Wno-multichar -s -O3 -ffast-math -malign-double
> -minline-all-stringops -m3dnow -march=athlon-xp -mtune=athlon-xp

	Note that the -ffast-math and -m3dnow options are not part of
the official povray-3.6.1 configure script, but were most likely added
by the gentoo folks.  The former will be in official 3.6.2 - it was not
included so far, but indeed works without problem.  The latter has no
effect at all (identical binaries with and without the option on AMD
K7/K8 platforms) and is therefore useless; same for -mmmx.

	- NC