POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh! : Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh! Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:09:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prepared 4 company: The ice age cometh!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Sep 2005 03:25:41
Message: <43325c75@news.povray.org>
"jute" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4331b96ac0ecda9344d332c70@news.povray.org...
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
>
> > So... what do you think?
>
> First I was sure you had modelled some marvellous ice (looks
> more than a little like some sss materials I've seen here),
> and I was both surprised and disappointed to learn otherwise.  But the
image
> is nonetheless a great spin on the original.
>
> Please go on, I'm sure you can model that ice :)

Thank you! The whole point however, is that - like in Tim's original
version - the background is an image. Of course, it could be modelled one
way or another, but the focus of the scene is the room. The background olny
serves as the context in which the room is placed. The interesting thing is
to experiment with several, totally different images, and you discover each
time that you could build a totally different room.

Thomas