POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Parsing a POV-Ray file : Parsing a POV-Ray file Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Parsing a POV-Ray file
From: Oodini
Date: 18 Sep 2005 13:21:42
Message: <432da226$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I programmed a simple 3D renderer in C, and I would like to include a
parsing functionnality.

I don't know anything about parsing, BNF, flex and other bisons.
I supposed I am not the first one to do this kind of project. Could
anyone provide me some links to or advices to get some success with this
project ?

Ideally: I'd like to have:

1 - some theory on BNF
2 - some examples of grammar, possibly with a scene description language
3 - some tutorials with flex or bison

If you have any other material to provide, you're welcome. :-)